It is a
4 Raka't Namaaz (SALAT)
(a) In each raka't recite Sooratul Faatih'ah, recite Sooratul
Ikhlaas 100 times.
(b) After Salaam recite the following Dua'a:
(For Arabic Text please see "Mafateehul
O Allah send blessings on Muhammad and on the
children of Mohammad.
In the name of Allah the Beneficent the
O He Who makes known what is good &
beautiful, and covers up ugliness & defects.
O He Who does not demand submission under duress, with
tying ropes and shackling chains, & does not withdraw protection.
O Generous Pardoner!
O Subtle Indulgent!
O Free-handed lavish Forgiver!
O Openhanded Merciful!
O He Who brings every fugitive to a place of safety!
O He the ultimate relief of every sufferer!
O He Who overlooks, & grants amnesty!
O He Who fulfills hopes & expectations!
O He Who takes initiative to bestow benefits before
they become due!
O our Lord!
O our Chief!
O our Master!
O Sole purpose of our love!
O my Allah,
send blessings on Mohammed & on the children of Mohammed.
Imam Sajjad ( Ali ibn Husayn entitled Zayn al-abidin
and Sajjad ) was the son of the third Imam , and his wife , the queen
among women , the daughter of Yazdigird the king of Iran . He was the
only son of Imam Husayn to survive, for his other three brothers Ali
Akbar , aged twenty-five , five year old Ja'far and Ali Asghar ( or
Abdullah ) who was a suckling baby , were martyred during the event of
Karbala . The Imam had also accompanied his father on the journey that
terminated fatally in Karbala, but because of severe illness and the
inability to carry arms or participate in fighting he was prevented from
taking part in the holy war and being martyred . So he was sent with the
womenfolk to Damascus . After spending a period in imprisonment he was
sent with honor to Medina because Yazid wanted to conciliate public
opinion . But for a second time , by the order of the Umayyad caliph ,
Abd al-Malik , he was chained and sent from Medina to Damascus and then
again returned to Medina.
The Lonely Imam
The fourth Imam , upon returning to Medina , retired from public life
completely, closed the door of his house to strangers and spent his time
in worship . He was in contact only with the elite among the Shi'ites
such as Abu Hamzah Thumali , Abu Khalid Kabuli and the like . The elite
disseminated among the Shi'ah the religious sciences they learned from
the Imam . In this way Shi'ism spread considerably and showed its
effects during the imamate of the fifth Imam . Among the works of the
fourth Imam is a book called Sahifah sajjadiyah. It consists of
fifty-seven prayers concerning the most sublime Divine sciences and is
known as 'The Psalm of the Household of the Prophet'. The fourth Imam
died ( according to some Shi'ite traditions poisoned by Walid ibn Abd
al-Malik through the instigation of the Umayyad caliph Hisham ) in
95/712 after thirty-five years of imamate.
1. (Oh people) contemplate, meditate & practice for the (place, thing) that you have been created for, Allah did not at all create you in vain & useless.
2. There are three (qualities) which is present in a faithful, he is supported & backed by Allah, &
Allah provides him the shade of His celestial throne & secures him from the great horror of the dooms day: the one who gives those rights to the others which he wishes & looks forwards to from the others.
And the man who does not extend his hand & does not take a step ahead till he knows (for sure) that his step is in the (direction of) obedience of Allah or in his sin.
And the person who does not find fault with his brother till he abandons that fault himself.
3. The assemblies of the pious men are the invitation to righteousness & piety.
4. Take care, not to acquire the company of foolish & witless since he wants to benefit you but harms you. (due to his stupidity).
5. Take care, not to acquire the companionship of the parsimonious & miser because he will deprive you of his wealth which you will extremely need it.
6. Take Care, not to acquire the company of the liar for he is like a mirage
(deceiving). He shows you the near one as distant & the distant thing as nearby.
7. If someone abuses you (standing) on the right side & then apologizes
coming over to your left side, do accept his apologies.
8. The seeing of a faithful at the face of his brother, for the sake of (his) love & affection, is a service.
9. If people knew what (brilliant result) lies in seeking knowledge they would have
definitely sought it even by shedding the blood of their hearts & plunging into the depth of oceans.
10. Guard against lies, both small of it & big, in all conditions, both in seriousness & joke.
11. And the sins which are the cause of rejection of prayers are:
a. Bad intention
b. wickedness of interior
c. hypocrisy with the (religious) brother
d. disbelieving in the prayers being granted
e. Delaying the obligatory services till their time is passed
f. abandoning the
achievement of proximity of Allah through favor (to people) & alm giving
using obscene language & abusing during conversation.
12. Be careful, about committing sin along with joy (avoid it) since the felicity of committing sin is itself a bigger sin (than the actual sin).
13. Do not step aside from abandoning the evil although you may have been
recognized with it.
14. The person whose should is worthy & respectable in his eyes, the world is humble & despised in his view.
15. The best key to the matters is truth & the best termination &
finalization of the matters is faithfulness, loyalty & fidelity.
16. He (P.B.U.H) was asked, " Who is most in danger?" so he said, "The one who does not regard the world dangerous for himself."
17. To lessen the demands regarding needs from others is the cash needlessness & wealth.
18. Indeed, the inner knowledge & gnosis & the zenith of religion of a
Muslim is abandoning such talk which is meaningless & futile & the scarcity of his patience & fortitude & his politeness & good conduct.
19. The meeting of the righteous invites you to goodness.
20. Beware of the companionship of the sinful, and helping of the unjust.